Dalma Recipe – A special well known dish in Odisha that really gets popular from our ancient period. It is the best veg dish and every odia people love to have this in a week. As name suggest it means it made up of Dal like any such as Chana, toor, moog or arhar along with various vegitables. Also in most of temple this dish is a daily item for people working in temple and the devotees who used to go temple for pray. So let’s go through the steps how to make Dalma at home
- Dal- Channa, Tur, Arhar or moong
- Vegitables – Potato, Bringal, Papaya, drumstick, Tomato, parval, Kaddu, Saru
- Oil- 3 tbs
- Tez patta
- Ginger-Garlic paste
- 2 Medium sized sliced onions
- 1 Tomato sliced
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Garam Masala – 1/2 tbsp
- Chilli powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Sabji Masala – 1/2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
Now let us Start how to Make Dalma in Odia Style
- First have dal in bowl and clean it in water
- Put it in a Pressure cooker with two cup of water along with turmeric powder and little salt, then add all vegetables in the cooker.
- Boil it for 10-15 mins until you get 4-5 cities means it must be boiled with all vegetables
- Take a non-stick pan and add 3 tbsp oil in it and heat for 2-3 mins
- Add jeera and sliced onion with turmeric powder into it, heat it for 5-6 mins until onion gets red
- Add Ginger-garlic paste in it and stir it well for 5 mins
- Add sliced tomatoes into it and heat it for 6-7 mins
- Add Garam masala, sabji masala, and chilli powder in it, heat it for sometime and check regularly within 2-3 mins break to mix it perfectly
- Add salt to tatse in it.
- Once a kind of masala in being made then add that bolied dal and vegetables in it
- Cover it and heat it for 5-10 mins. Add some water in it for more gravy.
Now serve it
From the above procedure you must know how to make dalma in Odia style. Dalma is such a tasty veg items that every odia family prefer to have at their homes.